Join Bulk Email Marketing for Free Learn Tibco in simple steps PBS KIDS Games - Play Kids Online games Free Play Chae Space Run iPhone Game
TIBCO FORUM :: Tibco Developer Community :: A Land of TIBCO Masters
July 22, 2014, 12:20:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: A Tibco Developer community and a public TIBCO FORUM and top in tibco forums, targetting tibco solutions. You can learn TIBCO, help others to solve their TIBCO issues, or find solution for your TIBCO issues. This site Strickly for the people who has interest in using TIBCO and looking for TIBCO HELP, use this tibco forum for all your tibco problems, very helpful for Tibco begginers.

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to copy&paste activities with transitions between process definitions in a p  (Read 1420 times)
ilovetibco

Keep Smiling...

« on: March 18, 2009, 12:11:49 AM »

Hi,
1, How to copy&paste activities with transitions between process definitions in a project?
    I used ctrl+copy, but it didn't work, which just copy the activity's name without the transitions.

2, How to initialize the user-defined process variables?
    I am confused whether a user-defined process variable is initialized with the default value when created. And what's the default value? How can I know these values? If these variables need to be initialized when created, and how?

Anyone knows, help me with these issues. Thanks.

MSN: emma_lovesu@hotmail.com

No venture, no win.
architekt
Administrator

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 06:48:13 AM »

1. For ctrl_copy, instead of that right click and copy it.
2. Use assign activity to initialize your process variables.

ilovetibco

Keep Smiling...

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 11:34:28 PM »

Thanks for your help. However, I still cannot handle this copy&paste problem as you told. I used ctrl_copy and paste, only the activities were copied from process, not any transitions, even the lines between these activities. What happened?
Could you please show me the detailed steps?
Thank you so much!

No venture, no win.
radim.paseka

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 02:50:26 AM »

I guess you will not be able to copy parts of your process with transactions. You have to copy the whole processes or groups to have transactions there.
venkybpm

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 03:57:11 AM »

Locally open your code wherever your workspace exisit. Copy paste from there and rename this new process! Grin

Hope this clarifies  Smiley

Thanks,
Venky
ilovetibco

Keep Smiling...

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 08:18:42 PM »

ok,I will try this out!
Thanks!

No venture, no win.
nmacro

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2010, 09:21:43 AM »

Hi,

Great forum 1st contribution. I came to BW from an ETL (Ab Initio) background.

You can copy components with transitions between them if you put your components in a group in the original graph, copy the group, paste the group in the destination graph, ungroup in the destination graph, and you'll find that the transitions are copied as well as the components.

Hope you'll find this useful.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: